The majority of our games are played on Mondays or Wednesdays.
We have three special bonspiels. These are normally Friday nights with ice at 6:15pm.
The club subsidises the Christmas meal at £5 per member.
We have three league competitions and one knockout competition for rinks.
There is a Pairs knockout competition and a Points competition for testing players skills.
There are a number of games against other curling clubs:
• The club plays in Stirlingshire Province competitions ( alongside 23 other clubs)
• We also support the RCCC Forth Valley (Area 6) tournaments (made up of 4 provinces)
• The club has annual competitions against Borestone and Stirling, Crossmyloof and Torbrex.
• The club competes with Kilsyth and Fintry for the Dunn Trophy.
• The club plays against 7 other clubs annually for the Alex Reid Memorial Trophy.
• The club is a member of the Small Curling Clubs Alliance made up of 8 clubs with games on a fortnightly basis.
This means that there is a wide variety of matches played each year to suit everyone.
Players are rotated around the positions from lead to skip to develop their game.
There is a special Novice Skip competition to give people skipping experience.
The annual club subscription is £20.
• Payment can be made by cheque / cash / online.
• Fees are collected 3 times during the season, at the start, January and end of season.
The first 2 payments are based on the average amount of games (10) played by members plus a £4 charge for coaching and the Points competition, the final payment is only required for any additional games you may play. Any money that is held by the club will be credited to next season or refunded via cheque. The choice is yours.
Subscription pays for:
• Part of cost for Points competition ice and any training/coaching ice..
• £5 subsidy for each member towards Christmas meal costs.
• Club administration such as this website.
• Trophy engraving.