1) The Club shall be designated and known as “The Sauchie and Bannockburn Curling Club” and being affiliated with the Royal Caledonian Curling Club, shall adhere to the rules as appearing in the latest published Annual of the Royal Club, except in so far as the following Rules shall apply.
2) The membership shall consist of Ordinary Members and such Honorary Members as may from time to time be elected by the Ordinary Members. Honorary Members so elected shall have no financial responsibility and shall not be entitled to vote or take part in the management of the Club’s affairs.
3) The business and affairs of the Club shall be conducted and managed by a Committee of Management consisting of the President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer and a maximum of six other members of the Club who shall be elected for not less than one year by the members at the Annual General Meeting. Two of the elected members of the Committee shall also retire annually in rotation and shall not be eligible for re-election till one year has passed.
4) The Committee of Management shall hold meetings as and when the business of the Club may require, five members thereof shall form a quorum.
5) The Secretary shall record in a minute Book minutes of all meetings and transact any business in connection with the duties of Secretary. The Treasurer shall keep correct accounts and books showing the financial affairs and intromissions of the Club, which shall be audited annually by a member of the Club, not being a member of the Committee and submitted to the members at the Annual General Meeting.
6) The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held each year and on such date and such place as the Committee of Management shall decide. The meeting shall be called by post card or circular for the purposes of electing Office-Bearers and Members of Committee and transacting any other competent business. A Special General Meeting of the Club may be called by the Committee of Management for any special purpose, or upon a requisition to that effect addressed to the Secretary and signed by eight members, and shall be held no later than ten days thereafter. The requisition, as well as the notice of the meeting, shall specify the business to be considered, and it shall not be competent to discuss or deal with any business other than that specified in such requisition and notice. At all General Meetings of the club, eleven members shall form a quorum. Each member attending an Annual General Meeting or a Special General Meeting will be entitled to one vote.
7) The members attending the Annual General Meeting shall decide by majority vote the skips to be appointed for the following season, and if required the Committee of Management shall designate skips for the intra-club league competitions to be held the following season from the skips appointed at the Annual General Meeting. If a ballot is necessary, each voting paper must contain the names of all the skips proposed, otherwise it will be invalid.
8) Each candidate for admission as an Ordinary Member must be proposed by one member and seconded by another and the application must be sent to the Secretary who will submit the application to the Committee of Management and they, by a vote may admit or reject the application.
9) The entry fee and the annual subscription shall be fixed at the Annual General Meeting of the Club. Members failing to pay their annual subscription before 1st December in each year may be disqualified from playing the Club Competitions or Matches; and if still in arrears at the date of the Annual General Meeting, their names may be deleted from the Roll of Members.
10) The President, or in his absence, the Vice-President, shall preside at all meetings of the Club and Committee, and if both are absent the members present shall appoint one of themselves at act as Chairman pro tempore and the Preses at any such meeting shall have a deliberative as well as a casting vote in cases of equality.
11) The foregoing rules shall not be altered or amended except at the Annual General Meeting of the Club, and notice of any proposed alteration or amendment must be lodged with the Secretary in writing at least fourteen days before the date of the meeting.
Adopted at the Annual General Meeting of the Club held on 13th May 1999.