Roles and requirements
ROLE TITLE: Development Officer
ROLE INTRO: The Development Officer is responsible for maintaining the requirements of the club’s charter club status by the implementation and/ or the development of the club’s 3 year rolling development plan. The Development Officer may chair the Development steering group
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chair, Committee and the members of the club
SKILLS REQUIRED: Ideally a Development Officer is someone who is:
• Enthusiastic about the future of the club
• Well organised
• Prepared to make a regular time commitment
• Can communicate effectively.
• Is positive and enthusiastic.
• Is well organised.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN DUTIES:
The Development Officer should:
• Develop (as part of the club action plan) in conjunction with the Development steering group, the club development plan.
• Maintain the charter club documentation for reviews.
• Attend curling community sport (cluster) meetings.
• Attend individual development plan meetings with ActiveStirling Curling Development Officer twice a season.
• Drive club members to recruit for TryCurling sessions and arrange for club support to attend specific club TryCurling sessions.
• Work with the Treasurer to develop a budget for the development plan.
• Oversee the implementation of the strategies in the development plan.
• Submit regular reports to the club/group committee.
The estimated time commitment required as the Development Officer of Sauchie and Bannockburn Curling Club is 5 hours per month