OUTDOOR CURLING CLUB
2nd February 1857, Formed Sauchie & Canglour Curling Club in Pirnhall cottage, Bannockburn.
20th February 1858, first recorded match by the club, North of Auchenbowie Burn v South for Beef and Greens.
25th July 1860, initiation into Royal Caledonian Curling Club.
11th October 1861, the first medal presented to the club from J Lowis of Plean to be played for at points.
31st December 1861, at Carsebreck, first appearance at a Grand Match.
7th January 1864, first Province match (Monteith Province match at Lake of Monteith).
4th February 1873, J Dick medal to be an annual competition between Sauchie & Bannockburn and Denny Greens on each other’s ponds alternatively. Denny Greens won first match.
25th July 1873, RCCC Meeting of the Representatives Committee officially change name to Sauchie and Bannockburn Curling Club.
1873, club in debt creating the curling pond at Wauk Mill. Donations from Col and Capt Wilsons and J Dick remove the debt.
10th October 1874, Wauk Mill curling pond ready for play.
18th December 1874, first District Medal win recorded, against Vellore at Larbert.
15th October 1875, assurance given that Wauk Mill ground given rent free by Sir A Gibson Maitland.
22nd October 1875, £10 debt removed. Further improvements required for new water supply to pond plus erection of a curling house using old office from Catcraig Quarry.
7th March 1876, £36 in debt, borrowed the money to pay for improvements.
14th December 1882, first Stirlingshire Province match played.
21st January 1886, won the Stirlingshire Province match for the first time with +41 shots up.
29th September 1891, the debt of the club had been cleared after 15 years.
8th January to 25th February 1895 recorded 12 matches played in club minutes, the most outdoor curling ever recorded.
20th October 1896, Miss Maitland accepted her election as patroness of the club and offered to present a pair of curling stones for competition annually to the club.
11th December 1907, jubilee dinner at Commercial Hotel, Bannockburn.
TRANSITION FROM OUTDOOR TO INDOOR CURLING
9th April 1908, Grand Match at Crossmyloof Ice Rink. Played Hollyrood and lost by -2 shots. First time the club had played indoors.
1913 to 1924, the longest spell where there is no record of any curling.
From 1930 to 1938 (except 1933) Whist Drive and Dance raised over £104 for the club.
6th October 1931, secretary booked ice at Crossmyloof for club games for the first time.
2nd October 1934, now over 50 members of the club for the first time.
2nd December 1938, played two rinks at opening invitation tournament at new Falkirk Ice Rink.
16th January 1940, first final of Mitchell Wilson Trophy at Falkirk Ice Rink. Finalists all received a £5 roast of beef.
29th January 1949, first game against Crossmyloof, arranged between the Presidents of both clubs, J Cairns and F Elder of Crossmyloof. Became an annual match there after.
INDOOR CURLING CLUB
30th November 1955, first three lady members admitted to the club.
16th October 1957, centenary dinner in the Golden Lion Hotel, Stirling. 86 people attended.
22nd November 1968, won the Stirlingshire Province Dunn Trophy for the first time. Retained the trophy the following year as well.
12th March 1970, won the Stirlingshire Province Col Murray Trophy for the first of three consecutive years. Also 11th March 1971 and 10th March 1972.
27th April 1970 AGM agreed a new constitution which removed the last references to outdoor curling and requiring a pond as well as moving the AGM to the end of the season.
16th October 1980, Opening Bonspiel for the newly presented Morrison Trophy won by J.C. Hope’s rink on the new ice rink.
26th March 1985, Points competition won by a lady member for the first time, Mrs Irene Kerr with a score of 39 points.