Roles & responsibilities
ROLE TITLE: Match Secretary
RESPONSIBLE TO: The Club Secretary
1. To be the ‘external match administrator’ for the club, dealing with all club matches that the club has agreed to play in with other curling clubs, Provinces and Areas.
2. To manage the teams who will play in these external matches and ensure that they honour the club’s commitment to play and do not incur penalty fees.
3. Provide a summary of all the results of these external matches for the AGM.
4. To work alongside the treasurer to see that all charges are accurate and are paid on time.
5. To ensure that all players are aware of the current fixtures list, members contacts etc
6. Manage the maintenance of any trophies received by the club by liaising with the secretary to get them engraved and displayed at the AGM.
The estimated time commitment required as the Match Secretary of Sauchie and Bannockburn Curling Club is 2 hours per month