Roles & responsibilities
ROLE TITLE: • President
RESPONSIBLE TO: The Club Executive Committee
2. Well organised
3. Prepared to make a regular time commitment
4. Prepared to make instant decisions when necessary
5. Confident at some public speaking and keeping order during meetings.
• Take responsibility for managing the executive committee and the affairs of the club.
• Oversee and guide all decisions taken by the executive committee and sub committees.
• In liaison with the club secretary, oversee the work of all officers.
• In conjunction with the secretary, prepare and present the annual club activity report.
• Liaise with the secretary on the Agenda for each meeting and approve the minutes before they are circulated.
• Be completely familiar with the constitution, club rules, committee procedures and the RCCC (National Governing Body) rules and regulations.
• Liaise with the Treasurer to ensure that funds are spent properly and in the best interests of the club.
• Help to prepare and submit any statutory documents that are required (e.g. VAT, grant aid reports).
• If unable to attend any committee meeting, a written report should be sent to the meeting if required and the Vice Chairman briefed on the Agenda.
• Present trophies and prizes at the Annual General Meeting and at any trophy competition with other clubs where this club holds the trophy.
The estimated time commitment required as the President of Sauchie and Bannockburn Curling Club is 2 hours per month